Resonator Dulcimer Day (Dulci-Bro)
A Day of Workshops and Community Resourcing and Support
for players and builders of dulci-bro / resonator dulcimers.
What: An educational gathering to celebrate performers, instructors, players and builders of dulci-bro /resonator dulcimer.
When: March 12, 2022 9 am to 7 pm CST
Where: Here, using Zoom (log in in the top right corner and then click on the Workshop Page at the right end of the menu)
Here is a video describing how to access everything you need for the workshop:
This day will feature:
1. (5) hour-long Workshops by respected Hawai'ian Steel player, Chris Kennison as well as the accomplished players Bing Futch & Steve Eulberg.
2. A Builder's Roundtable featuring Don Neuhauser, Richard Ash of Folkcraft instruments, Mike Clemmer of Wood-n-Strings, Ben Seymour of Kuduzpatch Productions and Bernd Krause will be hosted by Ashley Ernst of Dulcimer Players News.
3. An Open Mic for all players
4. A Closing Concert by the instructors.
5. A digital copy of Steve Eulberg's Dulci-Bro: Method & Resources for Playing Resonator Dulcimer book/CD
6. Archive videos of the day's workshops and events.
NEED TECHNICAL SUPPORT?
Erin Mae Lewis is here to help.
Festival Technical Support
" Technology is our friend!"
Erin Mae will be available throughout the day to provide technical support.
2016 International Blues Challenge Finalist Winner - "Best Guitarist (Solo/Duo)" Award
"A master of the mountain dulcimer" - Connections Magazine
"Musical Tabasco!" - The Orlando Weekly
Respected and award-winning steel guitar player, Chris is active in promoting Hawaiian Steel guitar playing for the Hawaiian Steel Guitar Association in Hawaii to help promote Hawaiian steel. www.hsga.org
"smile-inducing, toe-tapping folkgrass" -CDBaby.com
"like Jimmy Buffet in Appalachia"
What is a DulciBro?
Homer Ledford (pictured left) was the first to explore the idea of a resonator dulcimer. The one he created is pictured right.—>
Dulci-Bro / Resonator Dulcimer Builder's Forum
Interaction with Participants
This day is designed to be an interactive experience with a dedicated opportunity for players to interact with each other and share the music and styles they've been exploring on dulci-bro / resonator dulcimers.
Student Sharing / Open Mic
An opportunity for all players to share a tune and interact with each other.
To conclude the day we'll have each of the faculty share some tunes!
This will be on Zoom for Registered participants and live-streamed on the DulcimerCrossing Facebook Page with a tip jar for others interested.